By Janet Webb | November 26, 2013
This weekend’s (November 23-24) big snow storm assures great conditions for Red River and Taos Ski Valley opening days, November 27 and 28 respectively. Sipapu has been open since November 16 and Angel Fire will wait till December 13 to start the lifts. Nine Taos lodgers are ready and geared up with early season rates and special events planned for the holidays, Thanksgiving through Christmas.
The special ski-and-lodging packages can be viewed at Taos Pillow & Powder Packages, an online vacation specials site that provides a fast and easy way to book a winter vacation. The site also features current snow conditions (pictured here) for all four Northern New Mexico ski areas — Angel Fire, Red River, Sipapu, and Taos – and a sweepstakes.
Here’s a preview of a few of the special offers available at TaosPillowPackages.com:
VILLAGE OF TAOS SKI VALLEY
- Alpine Village Suites: Stay here and get 10% off ski rentals
- Columbine Inn: 4th night/3rd day lifts free in January
IN AND AROUND THE TOWN OF TAOS
- Burch Street Casitas: 7th night free in historic district
- Desert Oak: private vacation homes — 6-bedroom, 4-bath house sleeps 18
- Hotel La Fonda de Taos: 2-night romance package with massages & champagne
- Palacio de Marquesa: sultry romance package with Love Kit
- Sipapu Ski & Summer Resort: free lodging with lift ticket purchase
- The Historic Taos Inn: 3rd night free packages
The Pillow & Powder Sweepstakes prize is a ski vacation for two during the 2014-15 ski season. Included:
- Lift tickets for two at Angel Fire, Red River, Sipapu, and Taos
- Demo ski rentals for two (or a ski tune of your own skis)
- Three night’s lodging for two at your choice of three different properties:
- Columbine Inn, Hotel La Fonda De Taos, or Palacio del Marquesa
- Dinner for two at Doc Martin’s Restaurant at The Historic Taos Inn
- Dinner for two at Sabroso Restaurant
- Museum passes for two to all five Taos museums
One must enter before April 6, 2014, and one entry per person is allowed.
The Taos Pillow Packages website is sponsored by Webb Design Inc and is a sister site to TaosWebb and Taos Art Calendar. All three are focused on enhancing the traveler’s experience in Taos and Northern New Mexico