On July 7 2014, 19-year-old TaosWebb.com took on a new name and a new design.
Webb Design Inc launched the original TaosWebb in spring of 1995 in order to give its tourism and art clients a venue on the new Worldwide Web. The site has been re-invented a number of times since then but now, in 2014, it was time for a radical change.
Here's some of the reasoning.
BeyondTaos takes TaosWebb to a new level:
• BeyondTaos better showcases Taos’s neighboring communities and the businesses within each.
• BeyondTaos focuses on the arts from Taos, and beyond, and their roles in the global creative community.
• BeyondTaos, with responsive design, renders beautifully on desktop, tablet, and smartphone screens.
So many Taos websites. Here are BeyondTaos differentiators:
• BeyondTaos Blog – posts tell stories combining multiple communities; guest posts welcome with links to community content
• BeyondTaos Calendars – northern NM destination event calendar and Taos (and beyond) art calendar
• BeyondTaos Maps – all Webb Design’s printable maps plus Google embedded, GPS-enabled maps
• Dashcam time lapse videos to give visitors the experience of driving throughout the region
• Specials and News Items, always free for all participants
• Social media integration
BeyondTaos does, however, play well with others:
• The BeyondTaos Calendar feeds onto many other website, TAOS.org, and EnchantedCircle.org are just two.
• BeyondTaos Stickers allow our partner websites to display calendar, webcam, and snow conditions on their sites in real time
• BeyondTaos Art Calendar accepts art event and exhibition listings from all northern New Mexico communities – at no charge!